WHAT YOU NEED FOR CLASS… and other useful things to know
- Whether you are at home practising via zoom or with me in person, please wear loose, comfortable clothing (for both yoga and meditation) and it is a good idea to wear layers and socks as you will need to keep warm when in stillness and relaxation but you might get warm when moving. We practise in bare feet.
- It's best not to eat a heavy meal before class and ideally not eat anything for one to two hours before class.
- It is best to practice on a yoga mat to ensure you don't slip. If you attend my in-person classes please bring your own. I can possibly hire one to you if you don't have your own - just ask.
- I occasionally use props such as belts, blocks or bricks but these aren't essential. At home you can improvise with a pilates band or dressing gown belt; a large hard back book and, for a brick, a DVD box set or similar sized book. Again, I can hire out props if requested.
- Please aim to arrive 5-10 minutes before the start of class as I always start promptly.
- Please remember to switch your mobile to silent for the duration of the class.
- If you are likely to be late or are not able to come to class, a courtesy text would be appreciated 07952 931 383.
- As a sign of respect and hygiene, please do not tread on mats with shoes on or walk across other people's mats.
- If people are already lying in relaxation when you enter class (in person), please keep your voice low.
- If you are new to my classes I ask that you fill out this form and return it before attending. Please inform me if you suffer from high or low blood pressure, heart disease, retinal problems, epilepsy, have a joint replacement, are pregnant or have recently undergone any major surgery. It is always wise to consult your doctor prior to beginning a yoga programme. Please inform me if you have any new injury or health condition that was not previously declared.
Sarah Greenall is a registered Yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals with over 1500 hours' teaching experience. This accreditation demonstrates excellent standards as set by Yoga Alliance Professionals. Sarah is also an iRest® Level 1 Teacher as well as a trained Meditation teacher.