Live well. Age well.
Beginner's Yoga Course
Using yoga to help you live your best life.
"This is an excellent introduction to yoga. I wish I had found a course like this years ago."
I have led many Beginner's Yoga courses and the feedback has always been how much I put everyone at ease, explain everything really clearly and create a safe, welcoming, non-judgemental space to learn. So why not sign up and find out what yoga can do for you?
I am now taking bookings for my next course, places are limited so book now!
"I am really grateful to Sarah for teaching the Beginner's Yoga course. I thoroughly enjoyed the yoga, breathing techniques and relaxation. Sarah is an inspiring, patient and fun instructor."
This course is for you if you're looking for:
- a course where you can learn the basics of yoga
- a friendly class with no judgement, expectation or pressure
- a small group of like-minded people where you will get individual attention, tuition and guidance
- a safe, friendly and welcoming space where you needn't feel self-conscious or embarrassed
- a class that will break down all the most-common postures found in a yoga class, as well as properly exploring and learning the Sun Salutation sequence
- a fun, gentle but still strong exercise class that also looks after your mental wellbeing
- a class to give you the confidence to progress you on to the next step along your yoga journey
"I love the ease with which you explain each pose/movement and never ever make anyone feel inadequate in any way."
Have you ever wondered about yoga but not sure if it's right for you?
- Or once went to a class and felt everyone knew what they were doing apart from you?
- Or the class was so big and impersonal you felt invisible and the teacher didn't even notice you?
- or maybe you are very self-conscious and worried you'll make a fool of yourself?
If so, worry not, this is the course for you!
"If you ever considered doing yoga - look no further. I didn't feel out of my depth - Sarah gears the class and instruction to everyone's individual capabilities so there's no pressure."
"The Beginner's Yoga Course is a perfect way to learn the basics of yoga following Sarah's clear instructions and demonstrations. I left every class feeling both relaxed and well stretched."
Our main themes across the 6 weeks will be posture, flexibility, strength, balance, relaxation and mindfulness.
By the end of the course you will understand all the basics of yoga and you will:
- know what yoga is
- know how to safely practise the most common yoga poses and the Sun Salutations sequence
- learn how to breathe well and learn some key pranayama (breathing) techniques
- understand good posture
- learn about meditation
- feel confident to join a general yoga class
- and most importantly, learn how to relax
"As soon as I had my first lesson I enjoyed it so much I decided to make it a regular thing."
"Loved it - feel I have definitely learnt how to do yoga properly. I am enjoying more flexibility and have hardly had any back ache/pain! Looking forward to the next stage."
"I always come out feeling so much better physically and mentally and with a smile. I feel such gratitude for your classes and the beginner's course that launched me onto the yoga path."