Live well. Age well.
Beginner's Yoga Course
Using yoga to help you live your best life.
"This is an excellent introduction to yoga. I wish I had found a course like this years ago."
I have led many Beginner's Yoga courses and the feedback has always been how much I put everyone at ease, explain everything really clearly and create a safe, welcoming, non-judgemental space to learn. So why not sign up and find out what yoga can do for you?
My next course will run in September, dates tbc, register your interest and be first to sign up when ticket sales open. Places are limited and fill up quickly.
"I am really grateful to Sarah for teaching the Beginner's Yoga course. I thoroughly enjoyed the yoga, breathing techniques and relaxation. Sarah is an inspiring, patient and fun instructor."
This course is for you if you're looking for:
- a course where you can learn the basics of yoga
- a friendly class with no judgement, expectation or pressure
- a small group of like-minded people where you will get individual attention, tuition and guidance
- a safe, friendly and welcoming space where you needn't feel self-conscious or embarrassed
- a class that will break down all the most-common postures found in a yoga class, as well as properly exploring and learning the Sun Salutation sequence
- a fun, gentle but still strong exercise class that also looks after your mental wellbeing
- a class to give you the confidence to progress you on to the next step along your yoga journey
"I love the ease with which you explain each pose/movement and never ever make anyone feel inadequate in any way."
Have you ever wondered about yoga but not sure if it's right for you?
- Or once went to a class and felt everyone knew what they were doing apart from you?
- Or the class was so big and impersonal you felt invisible and the teacher didn't even notice you?
- or maybe you are very self-conscious and worried you'll make a fool of yourself?
If so, worry not, this is the course for you!
"If you ever considered doing yoga - look no further. I didn't feel out of my depth - Sarah gears the class and instruction to everyone's individual capabilities so there's no pressure."
"The Beginner's Yoga Course is a perfect way to learn the basics of yoga following Sarah's clear instructions and demonstrations. I left every class feeling both relaxed and well stretched."
Our main themes across the 6 weeks will be posture, flexibility, strength, balance, relaxation and mindfulness.
By the end of the course you will understand all the basics of yoga and you will:
- know what yoga is
- know how to safely practise the most common yoga poses and the Sun Salutations sequence
- learn how to breathe well and learn some key pranayama (breathing) techniques
- understand good posture
- learn about meditation
- feel confident to join a general yoga class
- and most importantly, learn how to relax
"As soon as I had my first lesson I enjoyed it so much I decided to make it a regular thing."
"Loved it - feel I have definitely learnt how to do yoga properly. I am enjoying more flexibility and have hardly had any back ache/pain! Looking forward to the next stage."
"I always come out feeling so much better physically and mentally and with a smile. I feel such gratitude for your classes and the beginner's course that launched me onto the yoga path."